Monday, August 11, 2008

Any tool can write about things he knows!

The real difficulty is in writing about things you don't know much about! In the world of PVP, I firmly believe that taking a break even for a week dulls your skills. That's what I did after my pvp intensive last weekend, I did a total of 1 battleground since then and 0 arena matches. That doesn't bode well for actually writing about how I pvp or how anyone should do it. I'll probably get back into it and finally write my useless tips and tricks!

At this point, I'm realizing that new bloggers will find it tough heading into the last months before WotLK.

No, this isn't a qq post because I'm unhappy with anything here or anything of the sort. If I qq, I do it with a much bigger ooooompfffff! This is more about the reality of establishing a proper blog filled with useful information that hasn't yet been established or that people still care about.

Anywhere between 2 and 4 months to go before Wrath. Do people really still care, en masse, about how to gear their characters for the best T4-level raids? Or how to get the most pewpew without being a hardcore raider? How to waste hour upon hour of their playing time to get a tailoring set, a blacksmithing set, a leatherworking set? While there are of course exceptions, and people naturally aim high when they play, for the vast majority of players, the answer is "no, they don't care about it all that much."

They will focus more on battlegrounds, arenas and farm-status raids than on progression. New characters will gear up through arenas unless they get into a Karazhan run, if they're lucky a Gruul's run. Sure, friends of end-game raiders will occasionally get carried through higher content and gear up that way, but overall, the drive to get 375 tailoring to get a shadoweave set is probably no longer as prevalent as it used to be because hey, why bother so hard when it'll all be replaced within 5 levels. (Yeah yeah, won't be the same as with the BC gear replacement, but let's be realistic, by level 75 you should be sporting new gear no matter how well off you were at 70!)

So what do I blog about? Simple, the same I've always done on other forums and message boards: everything. That doesn't translate into a journal of any kind, but it does involve things I personally experience or hear others experience because, well, what the heck would I write about otherwise!

And if through my ramblings some people can get any kind of advice, so be it!

Also, I figure this might as well be a joint effort, so I'll open it up to all the people who migrated to WoW from the previous game we played, Achaea, which, to warn you... is a text roleplaying game. If they feel like posting anything at any point, expect to read their ramblings too!

Boo-ya-ka!

No comments: