Thursday, August 14, 2008

Death VS End-Game

So Katipunan's US raid team is working out nicely so far. For once I've joined a guild on the upswing of things instead of in its swan song. They have awesome tanks and great healers, and oddly their dps is what is restricting them from going further. I have no doubt that any of the main tanks I've seen (Paladins/Warriors with 17.5k unbuffed, Druids with 14.5k out of bear form) can pretty much tank any end-game boss. But the dps needs work.

Last night's run through SSC (Lurker / Leo / FLK) went really smoothly through Lurker. Not a single death through trash + boss downing. Then a couple silly wipes (tank runs into a group of mobs while we're taking a 5 min break... then someone runs too close to the group of mobs to rezz the last person on recovery... then a wipe on Leo at 10% as a lot of people were doing it for first time and didn't understand how to do it. But that was pretty much it. So pretty smooth. I wasn't on CoE and got about 1250 dps. I'm not sure how, as I've never really had it that high on a consistent level without a bunch of aoe groups. I'm not complaining, and neither is the guild! I ended up 2nd on the overall damage meters as we did FLK while I was passing out and I would constantly lose conciousness for 15-20 seconds before snapping back to and shadow bolting the totems or the bosses some more. Ended up with 900 dps on the last boss and a hunter who decided to go nuts passed me on total charts. But I'm awesome, I decided.

Now, is it worth passing out at my desk to see end game content before Wrath? So far, yes. I might find a way to make this easier on myself, but yeah, a few weeks of it won't kill me.

No comments: