Saturday, August 2, 2008

I shouldn't guesstimate

It appears I was horribly wrong in the previous entry. 2000 gold total would be a great price to pay. I've bought most of the mats to get to 300 enchanting, and I find myself down about 1000g. I still need to spend near 500 for the illusion and dream dusts. I suppose my only comfort is that for the past year I have been sending all my greens to the same disenchanter who should probably have such a large stock of lvl 60-70 mats that I won't need to spend a dime on them.

Of course, it'll turn out that enchanter probably sold them already and I'm screwed!

Anyhow, I'm now farming Stratholme to make back some pretty pennies and to get the remainder of what I need. You know what I've discovered? Destro locks need about 2 minutes between pulls in their. I need my voidwalker to be able to aoe taunt so I can SoC the skellies up and blast the group to hell. That's a 2 minute cooldown. DO NOT LIKE.

Instead, I'm trying out this guy's suggestion found in this post. He advises the best warlock farming technique is insta-cast dots and siphon life coupled with sac'ing my voidwalker for even more health regeneration. Ok, sounds good in theory. And my 14k self buffed health in pvp gear probably won't hurt either. If not, I can always switch to the shadoweave set I have to allow for an extra health regen of 2% of all damage dealt. I'm pretty sure the pvp set will be better.

No comments: